Propylene Carbonate is a low VOC type of hydrocarbon solvents. Here are some of its important characteristics that may help your formulations:
- Propylene Carbonate has low viscosity (2.4 cps) and a high flashpoint of 253 deg F.
- It evaporates slowly (<0.005, vs. BuAc at 1.0).
- It’s practically non-toxic by oral, dermal or inhalation.
- Propylene Carbonate has a low toxicity profile so it’s used commonly in cosmetics and is safe for all consumer products.
- Rather than using it as a solvent (see slow evaporation rate here-above), it is commonly used as a co-solvent, or as a wetting agent, or as a trailing solvent.
- It is best used as a replacement for Trichlorethane (TCE), or other chlorinated solvents and even toluene in binary and tertiary solvent systems.
Need more technical information or a sample? Contact us now: email@example.com . We will be happy to help you understand how this product will help your business.
When you’ve got intelligent solutions working for your business, good things happen. Ask us today.